If you would prefer that we install WordPress and Datafeedr on your server, we offer that service. Please see below regarding the details of the installation service.
What does the installation service include?
- Installing WordPress on 1 domain
- Installing the Datafeedr plugin on 1 domain
What does the installation service not include?
- Adding/activating additional themes
- Adding/activating additional plugins
- Configuring blog settings
- Configuring Datafeedr settings
What exactly does the installation service cover?
- Creating a MySQL database
- Creating a MySQL user & password
- Linking MySQL user with MySQL database
- Uploading WordPress files
wp-config.phpfile to match MySQL settings
- Changing default database prefix (for security purposes)
- Running WordPress installation script
- Changing default username (admin) to unique username
- Adding an
.htaccessfile to root directory
- Uploading Datafeedr plugin files
- Uploading WP Security Scan plugin files (WP Security Scan will only be installed and activated if WordPress is not already installed. If WordPress is installed and you only wish to have the Datafeedr plugin installed, WP Security Scan will not be installed.)
- Activating Datafeedr & WP Security Scan plugins
- Configuring permalinks
- Setting proper file and folder permissions
- Verifying all security measures are OK (except for
.htaccessfile in /wp-admin/ folder)
What are the requirements to use the installation service?
- You must own a domain name
- You must have a web host that meets the following requirements:
- PHP 5.0+
- MySQL 5.0.3+
- A Linux server (most shared hosting offers Linux servers)
- Your DNS settings must be configured correctly so that your DNS is pointing to your server
How can I purchase this service?
To purchase this service, please go to My Account and select “Installation Service” from the Membership Type field.
What information is required in order to perform the installation?
After you have completed your payment for the installation service, please fill out the Installation Form.